{Me and my sweet sister Abby, when we were at IKEA}
Question #5: Are you the oldest sibling in your family?
I know this question must seem very strange to you, and you probably already know the answer, but since so many people have asked it to me, I feel that I should answer. I am the tallest of us three oldest girls, and people immediately assume that I am the oldest (I just hear Miriam's voice here saying "but Hannah, good things come in small packages" :) but no, height does not always imply age!
Our current heights are as follows:
Miriam: five feet, two and a half inches.
Yours truly: five feet, five and a half inches.
Abby: five feet, four and a half inches.
I am the second oldest in our family! If you want to know more about me or my siblings, check out the Our Family tab!
Question #5: Are you the oldest sibling in your family?
I know this question must seem very strange to you, and you probably already know the answer, but since so many people have asked it to me, I feel that I should answer. I am the tallest of us three oldest girls, and people immediately assume that I am the oldest (I just hear Miriam's voice here saying "but Hannah, good things come in small packages" :) but no, height does not always imply age!
Our current heights are as follows:
Miriam: five feet, two and a half inches.
Yours truly: five feet, five and a half inches.
Abby: five feet, four and a half inches.
I am the second oldest in our family! If you want to know more about me or my siblings, check out the Our Family tab!
Question #6: Do you ever do things for recreation?
I think the first thing I should do is give you a definition of recreation taken from the Websters 1828 dictionary: " RECREATION, Refreshment of the strength and spirit after toil; amusement; diversion"
Our family ultimately strives to glorify God even in our recreation. Colossians 3:23-24 states "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as unto The Lord and not to man, knowing that from The Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve The Lord Christ."
Don't you think as Christians every one of us should do EVERYTHING heartily as unto the Lord, and to bring God glory?
Some of our favorite pastimes as a family include:
- Playing a good game of badminton.
- Planning trips.
- Watching a wholesome movie, or documentary. Some of our family favorites include:
The sound of music (a family classic), select episodes of Little House on the Prairie, Courageous,
The Redemption of Henry Meyers, Heidi, Martin Luther, The secrets of Jonathan Sperry, The Duggars, 20,000 leagues under the sea (minus some of the Hollywood drama in it), The Life of Spurgeon, Indoctrination,
- Having a family game night.
- Going for a drive in the country.
- Going skating and sledding in the winter, and swimming in the summer.
- Lots more that I can't think of...
Things that I like to do in my spare time include:
- Trying out a new recipe.
- Doing some research on how to do certain things that I am interested in learning, such as, refinishing furniture, makeup/hair tutorials, recipes, how to save money for our family, trips, just general research, etc...
- Reading a good book.
- Reading some blogs that interest me (you can get quite carried away "hopping" blogs, so I must set a limit sometimes)
- Going for a walk.
Our family ultimately strives to glorify God even in our recreation. Colossians 3:23-24 states "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as unto The Lord and not to man, knowing that from The Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve The Lord Christ."
Don't you think as Christians every one of us should do EVERYTHING heartily as unto the Lord, and to bring God glory?
Some of our favorite pastimes as a family include:
- Playing a good game of badminton.
- Planning trips.
- Watching a wholesome movie, or documentary. Some of our family favorites include:
The sound of music (a family classic), select episodes of Little House on the Prairie, Courageous,
The Redemption of Henry Meyers, Heidi, Martin Luther, The secrets of Jonathan Sperry, The Duggars, 20,000 leagues under the sea (minus some of the Hollywood drama in it), The Life of Spurgeon, Indoctrination,
- Having a family game night.
- Going for a drive in the country.
- Going skating and sledding in the winter, and swimming in the summer.
- Lots more that I can't think of...
Things that I like to do in my spare time include:
- Trying out a new recipe.
- Doing some research on how to do certain things that I am interested in learning, such as, refinishing furniture, makeup/hair tutorials, recipes, how to save money for our family, trips, just general research, etc...
- Reading a good book.
- Reading some blogs that interest me (you can get quite carried away "hopping" blogs, so I must set a limit sometimes)
- Going for a walk.
- Working on my photography and photo-editing skills.
- Keeping a daily diary
Question #7: Do you like using makeup? When/where do you use it?
Yes, I do like using makeup, but in moderation, and only to enhance the features that God has given me, and not to change them. Sometimes I get carried away with trying different techniques, but for the most part I try to keep it relatively natural.
Recently I have been trying to figure out the root cause for some acne that I have been struggling with, and trying to treat it naturally. I also find that keeping a steady routine with my daily skincare helps immensely!
I believe that instead of caking the foundation/concealer/powder on the pimples to cover them up, you should really look into the root causes, and see what is, in fact, causing it.
So, now to the makeup... For my "everyday" makeup, ( I actually never wear makeup everyday, as I like to give my skin a breather) I use a bit of concealer under my eyes and if I am having a breakout, on any scars, or redness (I try to leave any actual pimples, as not to irritate them), a little bit of powder all over my face to keep the shine away, some neutral eye shadow, a swipe of mascara, and some lip gloss.
For Sundays, and special occasions, I add some foundation all over my face, blush to add some color to my cheeks, eyeliner (preferably brown, but sometimes I use black gel liner to achieve a more dramatic look), and some colored lipstick.
I recently invested in some makeup brushes, and I don't regret it one bit! They are an immense help in the application of makeup, and they help my makeup to look more natural than if I just used my fingers.
I should also mention that our parents agreed that we would only be allowed to wear makeup when we turn fifteen. I was allowed to wear a bit of concealer and powder just to cover up pimples, when I was fourteen, but not any eye makeup.
I would be very interested to know what you think of makeup in the comments below? How do you apply it, and when?
If you would like me to tell you specifically which brands, and what kind of makeup I use, I would be more than happy to, just let me know!
Maybe one day either Miriam or I will do a makeup tutorial... Hmmm...
Question #8: What blogs do you enjoy reading?
A few blogs that I like to read are as follows (in no particular order):
1. Fresh Modesty ( l love Olivia's tips on how to be modest without looking frumpy, and her very wise posts on why we, as Christians, should be modest not only outwardly, but also inwardly!)
2. The Small Things Blog ( amazing makeup and hair tutorials. Also, the author of this blog, Kate, has two adorable little boys, one of which was just born! It is fun to watch them grow up!)
4. Bontrager Family Singers ( for the same reason as above)
I have a few more, but I'd best leave it at that!
I hope you all enjoyed my A's to your Q's!
Please email us at (cacciacarro@hotmail.com) if you have any more questions that you would like me to answer, as I am running out!
...Goodnight...
Hannah
Also, I am planning to put a post up soon titled, "Life of the Cacciacarro's according to the iPhone"
Full of pictures taken with our phone! Something to look forward to:)

No comments:
Post a Comment