Friday, February 13, 2015

Q and A for the Cacciacarro Clan (Abby C) Part III







Hello Everyone! 
This week has been very nice, lots of school, family time, and photo editing!!
As I mentioned in my last post, I have been immensely enjoying my camera and have taken so many photos!
It has been cold and snowy for the past couple weeks and so we are hoping to go skating tonight.
I am not much of a skater though, because once I get on the ice, I am so focused on not falling that I don't want to move!! :D I'd rather stay on solid ground...
I'd love to bring my camera to the skating path to take pictures but it's just too cold!
Anyhow, here is my Q&A for this week!
Hope you enjoy!
~Abby


Question #9- What would you say are a few things a beginner photographer should have?

There are so many things I could list, so I'll do my best to name the basic equipment I believe a beginner photographer should have.
Assuming you already have a dslr, the first two things would be a Zoom lens, and a fixed lens.
The fixed lens has two benefits; It's amazing for portraits and the cost for the lens is not that bad.
I definitely think that the macro, Neutral Density, and UV filters are all something any photographer should consider purchasing. 
The UV filter is just clear glass that protects the lens from being scratched. If the filter is scratched you can just purchase a new one rather than damaging your whole lens! Definitely worth it! 
Also, I think a tripod is handy, however don't go for something too cheap...I think it's better to spend the money on a tripod that is a bit more expensive, however, so long as you can trust it will hold the camera safely. I am usually the one to look for more of the deals and I have found some great priced tripods that are also makes that I know are good.
There are so many other things I could include however, It would take a whole blog post! :)
Maybe I'll do a post of more "Camera" stuff...



Questions #10- Do you each have a chore?

In a large family everyone needs to pitch in and help out. Since we were old enough to understand, our parents established individual chores for each person in the family.
On Monday mornings each child has a basket with their clothes nicely folded that we have to put away.
Morning dishes are done by Papa or I, lunch dishes are done by Hannah or Mimi and Dinner we all help out with.
Dusting is done on Wednesday and we each have a room to dust.
Cleaning the bathrooms is done twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays. (Tuesdays, Hannah and Miriam do it and Fridays my Mom and I)
Laundry Mama does though sometimes us big girls will help out.
Our parents want us to learn to be hard working and helpful young women that can manage a household well. I'd say we have a great role model in our Mom! :)


Question #11- What instruments do you play and which is your favorite?

I probably get asked this question the most!
I play Violin, Piano, and Viola. I started Violin because Mimi started and I just did it to copy her but now I love it! Mimi teaches me piano though sometimes if I really want to learn something, I'll teach myself and Viola I love but I was focusing more on violin so I returned the viola I was renting. I am thinking of starting lessons again though.
Which is my favorite? Well, I guess I really don't have a favorite! I like them all and couldn't pick one over the other!


Question #12- How long does it take you to do your hair in the morning?

People are often surprised when they hear me answer "about 5-10 minutes."
At first, I couldn't even do a braid in my own hair, slowly I started learning how to do my own hair and now I find myself trying different styles. We also help each other out sometimes if we are in a rush!
Having said that, I do have days where I get up and my hair is a frizz bush. :)
(I really should show you the picture I have of my hair the other day!!)
On those days, I have found the best thing is to just wet my hai, and pin it up.

Hope you have all enjoyed this week's Q&A! If you have any other questions, email them to me! I think I still have another two or three posts.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment