Hello Everyone!!
Sorry for the lack in posting...life has been so busy! (I know, I say that every time...but it is true!)
With Christmas approaching, Quintessence has been very busy preforming at a number of different events.
Anyhow, besides music and performances, two weeks ago Hannah was hired to cater a conference for 170 people! ;)
I made sure to take photos (mind you, unfortunately i could not bring my camera...so they are all iPhone photos!) but have not managed to post them until now. Sorry!!
On Thursday we did shopping to make sure we had everything we needed.
Friday we decided to do majority of the cooking in the church kitchen. (since there is more space and larger appliances!)
So, I spent Friday.... peeling potatoes.
Trust me, the never ending task of peeling potatoes, is not a desired job. (but, as Mama always says: "You can't only do the jobs you like!")
And really, I am not joking....Mama and I peeled 6 bags of potatoes...by hand.
I am probably never going to want to eat potatoes again...
Anyhow, moving on...
We finished most of the cutting and baking Friday and arrived home in time to get a little sleep, before having to be back at the church for 7:00 AM.
We were able to have the first snack out for the appointed time and then hurried back into the kitchen to start preparing the lunch.
We created an assembly line to make the sandwiches...that made things a little easier.
To me, the funniest part was when we had fifteen minutes before the people would come down to eat lunch and we were still preparing sandwiches and dressing/mixing salads! (we were actually laughing and joking, even though we had only fifteen minutes to prepare the rest of the food.)
After lunch was another 2/3 coffee breaks and than we were able to pack up!
The whole day was crazy, but fun!
We talked and laughed while preparing the food, and just enjoyed working with one another! (I admit...even while peeling 6 bags of potatoes, I was talking, laughing and having fun with Mama!)
I think the hardest part was getting up Sunday morning!
We ended up arriving a church late...and then we were not able to find parking!
Overall though, the catering was fun and I guess its good experience for us girls to practice cooking for so many people! (Though, Hannah has done something similar a number of times!)
We managed to do all that cooking with only one injury....I won't mention who it was that was injured:D
Anyhow, I guess this post is getting way too long so I will post the photos for you all!
Hope you enjoy!
~Abby
Sorry for the lack in posting...life has been so busy! (I know, I say that every time...but it is true!)
With Christmas approaching, Quintessence has been very busy preforming at a number of different events.
Anyhow, besides music and performances, two weeks ago Hannah was hired to cater a conference for 170 people! ;)
I made sure to take photos (mind you, unfortunately i could not bring my camera...so they are all iPhone photos!) but have not managed to post them until now. Sorry!!
On Thursday we did shopping to make sure we had everything we needed.
Friday we decided to do majority of the cooking in the church kitchen. (since there is more space and larger appliances!)
So, I spent Friday.... peeling potatoes.
Trust me, the never ending task of peeling potatoes, is not a desired job. (but, as Mama always says: "You can't only do the jobs you like!")
And really, I am not joking....Mama and I peeled 6 bags of potatoes...by hand.
I am probably never going to want to eat potatoes again...
Anyhow, moving on...
We finished most of the cutting and baking Friday and arrived home in time to get a little sleep, before having to be back at the church for 7:00 AM.
We were able to have the first snack out for the appointed time and then hurried back into the kitchen to start preparing the lunch.
We created an assembly line to make the sandwiches...that made things a little easier.
To me, the funniest part was when we had fifteen minutes before the people would come down to eat lunch and we were still preparing sandwiches and dressing/mixing salads! (we were actually laughing and joking, even though we had only fifteen minutes to prepare the rest of the food.)
After lunch was another 2/3 coffee breaks and than we were able to pack up!
The whole day was crazy, but fun!
We talked and laughed while preparing the food, and just enjoyed working with one another! (I admit...even while peeling 6 bags of potatoes, I was talking, laughing and having fun with Mama!)
I think the hardest part was getting up Sunday morning!
We ended up arriving a church late...and then we were not able to find parking!
Overall though, the catering was fun and I guess its good experience for us girls to practice cooking for so many people! (Though, Hannah has done something similar a number of times!)
We managed to do all that cooking with only one injury....I won't mention who it was that was injured:D
Anyhow, I guess this post is getting way too long so I will post the photos for you all!
Hope you enjoy!
~Abby
Hannah (the chef!) with her enormous ball of cookie dough!
Eight cabbages...equals, weeks of coleslaw.
And these are some of my beloved potatoes, all ready to be made into potato salad.
Oh, and I forgot to mention the fun Mama and I had with the eggs!
We were racing to see who could peel their egg first...might as well make work fun! ;)
Mmmm...one bowl of this pays for the work of peeling six bags of potatoes!
More cupcakes...
The refrigerator...
(we couldn't even fit everything in here, so since the weather was cold we put some stuff in the car.)
Haha, this is Hannah's little "army"! :D
The Girls starting the icing process!
These just look SO delicious!
The lunch table all ready...
The fruit table...
(Aren't the colors so pretty??)
All the cupcakes on display...
There was a LOT of pop.
The professional!
(doesn't it look great??)
And this is us Sunday morning...do we look all that tired?
Haha, hi again Abby! :D Glad to know you guys are still there ;)
ReplyDeleteWOW. I've got to say, you all did amazing! The food looked awesome and everything was so pretty! And those cupcakes and potato salad .... may I have some? :D