- A picture taken with Abby's new Nikon camera. She will be publishing a post soon with the details, and a few more pictures:)
Hello everyone!!
I am back with the answers to four more questions:
Question #5- What is your favorite type of music?
My musical tastes vary, ranging from classical music to Celtic fiddle. To name a few Italian/European folk (select Quartetto Gelato, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, select Il Volo), opera, Klezmer, classical violin, symphonic works, movie scores, and hymns (preferably older hymns, though I do like most of the Getty's hymns).
Hello everyone!!
I am back with the answers to four more questions:
Question #5- What is your favorite type of music?
My musical tastes vary, ranging from classical music to Celtic fiddle. To name a few Italian/European folk (select Quartetto Gelato, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, select Il Volo), opera, Klezmer, classical violin, symphonic works, movie scores, and hymns (preferably older hymns, though I do like most of the Getty's hymns).
Question #6 What is your favorite Scripture passage?
There are so many Scripture passages that are dear to me, though I do favor Isaiah 55, primarily because of the significance of God calling the people to drink from the living water (salvation):
There are so many Scripture passages that are dear to me, though I do favor Isaiah 55, primarily because of the significance of God calling the people to drink from the living water (salvation):
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David. Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples. Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know, and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, because of the Lord your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you. “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. “For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the Lord, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.” (Isaiah 55:1-13 ESV)
These are true promises that are made manifest in the lives of believers, not those who presume that they are one of His, but those chosen by God. Individuals who know for certain that He is in control, and all that He proclaims will not be made void.
Question #7- If you were to live on a island, and were only allowed to bring two books, what would they be?
This question is a little hard to answer, since I love to read (especially books on world issues and theology:), though if I must, I would choose my Bible and a Matthew Henry Commentary. As a Christian, my first and foremost goal is to know Him in a deeper way, to be molded into His image. That would be my main reason for desiring to bring those two volumes:)
Question #8- Do you dance?
No, though not because of conviction (though there are a few dance types that I would avoid) but because I don't know how, and would probably injure my dance partner:) Sometimes I wish I could ballroom dance, but then again, who would be in charge of the music?
These are true promises that are made manifest in the lives of believers, not those who presume that they are one of His, but those chosen by God. Individuals who know for certain that He is in control, and all that He proclaims will not be made void.
Question #7- If you were to live on a island, and were only allowed to bring two books, what would they be?
This question is a little hard to answer, since I love to read (especially books on world issues and theology:), though if I must, I would choose my Bible and a Matthew Henry Commentary. As a Christian, my first and foremost goal is to know Him in a deeper way, to be molded into His image. That would be my main reason for desiring to bring those two volumes:)
Question #8- Do you dance?
No, though not because of conviction (though there are a few dance types that I would avoid) but because I don't know how, and would probably injure my dance partner:) Sometimes I wish I could ballroom dance, but then again, who would be in charge of the music?
That is all for now, folks!
Buona notte,
~M
Hi Miriam!
ReplyDeleteYour answers were very interesting! :) I agree with you about the dancing; I wish I could dance too!
What does "Buona notte" mean?
Hello Blessing!!
ReplyDelete"Buona notte" means "good night" in Italian. I am currently working on being able to speak Italian fluently, though I can't always remember everything I learn. It is helpful to have a goal, though:)
Spero che abbiate un grande giorno! (Hope you have a great day).
Sincerely,
Miriam
I enjoyed this post, Miriam, thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to learn about others. :)
ReplyDelete