I know I haven't posted as much as I would have liked, but I do have news.
A couple weeks ago, after lots of study and research, I finally purchased my own DSLR camera!
I had bought a point and shoot, Nikon Cooplix four years ago, and used it a lot. But I eventually started playing around with Hannah's Nikon D3100, and got used to using it and so I rarely ever touched my own camera.
That worked for awhile until we went on a trip and I realized how hard it was to share a camera between two people! :)
I started researching at that time, and came to the conclusion that I must buy a Nikon D3200 since it is an updated version of Hannah's. However, Hannah pointed out that if I got that camera, I would probably not get to keep it long since I'd have to upgrade it again and she suggested the D5100.
Of course then I had to do all the research for that one! I listed all the pros and cons of the D5100, the prices and so on. I decided to go to the camera store and at least have a look at it. Of course when I was handed the camera to try, I immediately fell in love with it!
We hung around in the store trying different cameras and lenses and I got enough time to really play around with the camera. So, I did end up getting it and have been immensely happy with it!
It looks similar to Hannah's except slightly larger. The shutter speed is amazing and the clarity of the photos in dimly lit rooms is what fascinated me!
The camera body is slightly heavier than what I am used to but I sort of like that.
Here are a few pictures of the camera and some photos I took with it.
Do you own a camera? If so what type of camera? Is there a favorite camera you have?
Do you own a camera? If so what type of camera? Is there a favorite camera you have?
Let me a know what you think!
~Abby
This is the frost on the window when we received a cold alert. (It was -33)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day Grace, Sarah, and I were sitting on the sofa doing school and I snapped a few photo's with the phone of us.
Aren't my little sisters just adorable?!? I really do have an amazing time just spending time with the little girls!
Having a hot tea!







Sounds like you are having fun. :) I'm not a camera person. Oh, I can take pictures, but it's just not my thing. I'd rather go write a story to go with a picture. :)
ReplyDeleteThat camera looks amazing! Hope you have a great time with it! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I first started photography, I used Mom's digital camera, a Canon S100. Then I decided to buy my own DSLR and after getting advice from a couple people, I happened to bump into Carrie N. and she offered me her old Canon Rebel XT which was perfect!! :)
And while we were in Singapore, my uncle blessed me with a Samsung NX2000. :D It's really neat since it has a touch screen and (my favourite part) if I can connect to a network, I'm able to send pictures to other people!!
Ha ha! Well, I'm happy you like writing better since I enjoy reading your stories! :)
DeleteBlessing Counter,
That's amazing! I know the Nikon D3200 has WiFi and I have seen a few cameras with the touch screen. It is definitely a special feature!
~Abby
Hey Abby :)
ReplyDeletenice camera. Yes I do have a camera it is a pink Samsung but no I do not have a favorite camera I am not in the camera thing ;)..... DO I love the pictures and yes your sister are adorable.