Friday, March 6, 2015

Hello!

Hi Everyone!
I know, I haven't posted in quite some time! Today I have been busy editing photos, so I thought I might as well post a few recent ones (isn't the series of posts Hannah has been putting together just awesome??)
My camera has really been keeping me busy since I got my ND filters and Wide-angle lens a couple weeks ago!! :D I am so pleased with them and have been enjoying them immensely.
Just for heads up, I am taking the poll down on Thursday, so if you haven't voted already please do so!
It's been cold and snowy almost everyday, Today we got another couple inches of snow:)
This Thursday is my 14th birthday! :) Since we are performing tomorrow, we are planning on having cake in the evening, and then the next day Mama, Mimi, Hannah and I will go out for dinner together and attend a concert. I am so looking forward to spending the evening with my sisters and Mom (not to mention enjoying the amazing violinist we will be seeing). I'll be sure to take many photos of our evening!
Also, I am joining Blessing Counter in a 365 day photo challenge (I know, I've tried something like this many times before and never succeeded, however, I'm going to give it another try). Feel free to join the challenge if you'd like!
Anyhow, here are the photos. Let me know which one you like best!
~Abby



Roses my Dad bought for my Mom. (Sweet, isn't it?)


Baking...


The tables all set for lunch at the conference...
(You can see our "staff" finishing the arranging of the tables:)


 The amount of food that we had prepared was unbelievable! 


Brain-storming ideas for a film...


Okay, this photo is something I was just trying out. 
Recently I took a course on using Photoshop, and one of the many things taught was how to change the background of a photo. So, for this photo I changed the background so that the sky would stand out more. Pretty neat, right? (I know, there are some imperfections if you look super close. But, hey, it's my first try at this!)


Candles are always so pretty to capture! 

3 comments:

  1. You have some lovely photos there, Abby. I hope you can keep up the challenge.
    And Happy birthday from Missouri! :) I hope today is a special one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby!

    Beautiful photos! I really like the rose picture and the candle picture the best! Just wondering, do you have a photography business?

    Is Photoshop like GIMP? Cause I'll be taking a GIMP course in May. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rebekah and Blessing Counter!
    No, I do not have a photography business, though a couple of my friends and I are in the process of producing a Christian film.
    Photoshop is similar to GIMP only a little more complecated and the price is more...but defiantly worth it! ;)
    Hope the course goes well! Sounds like fun!
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete