Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter weekend...

Greetings all!
I hope that you have all had a wonderful Easter weekend, rejoicing in what Christ did on the cross for us 2000 years ago. Ours was very exciting, with many different activities. So... I thought I would share with you some pictures that I managed to take over those three days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)! 

On Friday, we were privileged to attend a service (at 2:00) where a very dear friend of ours would be delivering the message... It was truly amazing, and the message we received clearly expounded the gospel in a wonderful way! Afterwards, we went to an amazing Chinese restaurant called "Asian Legend". The food was honestly the best (though I think having people with us who knew the menu helped immensely!) I attached pictures of a few of the different dishes, but do not have a clue what any of them are called. Sorry! 

Saturday, we had a Bible study that is hosted by us regularly (one Saturday per month) and enjoyed a traditional Turkey dinner together! And then on Sunday we headed out to the Niagara region to visit some friends for the day. It was such a beautiful day of God honoring fellowship, and we were constantly rejoicing in the fact that Christ is Risen!!! We also brought along our instruments, and serenaded the "chef" while he made our lunch after church... that was pretty fun:)

If you care to take a walk down "memory-lane", here are some links to past resurrection Sunday posts:
**Disclaimer: get prepared for some "interesting" pictures:) hehe

On another note, as per our "tradition", we all wore coordinating (not matching...hehe) outfits for Sunday, and tried to make at least one piece from each outfit! As you saw from the previous posts, I sewed myself a dress (and wore a coral jacket over it, because our "theme" was choral), Miriam made herself an adorable cream skirt, and also two tulle skirts for the little girls, and Abby also made herself a very classy looking pencil skirt. You can see some pictures of our three outfits below! Hopefully sometime soon I will have the possibility to take a picture of us all together, and I will be sure to post it.

How was your Easter weekend??

Blessings in Christ,
Hannah


Good Friday:


All ready for the first dish...
Two sisters, determined to use chopsticks:)


The flavors in this soup were amazing, but it was honestly one of the hottest things I have ever tasted!?!?

My sweet Mamita and Papito... Thank you Lord for such amazing parents!!!
Green tea. Empty soup bowl. Some kind of delicious shrimp/pork dumpling...
Oh, my! This was the best part in my opinion. The only dilemma was that I was determined not to touch utensils, but force myself to eat with the chopsticks provided. It was fun, and a good experience, but definitely quite the challenge!

Saturday: 

Fresh grass that the little girls planted a few days earlier.




I made a cake very similar to the one I did last year!!


After the Bible study... How thankful I am for the opportunity we all have to learn more about God's word!! 


Resurrection Sunday:
Me and my adorable little friend Nigel:) Oh, my... he is honestly the cutest!
And... no, this is not the same cake (I know you are probably wondering that). I baked two on Saturday; one for Saturday, one for Sunday! 
The three "big girls" in their 2016 Easter outfits.
Hey! What are you doing over there Abby??
Here we are, all the girls (except little Ella:). We decided to switch off and let Gabe drive with our friends and all their boys, and sweet Adri came along with us! How fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment