Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hello!!

Hello!!
We are all still quite alive and well over here! (Even though there has been no new posts on our poor neglected blog!) ;)
Last week was crazy busy and this week is going to be even busier, so I thought I had better post a quick update while I have time!
Quintessence finished their two Fall concerts of "A Taste of the Sound of Music" and both concerts were amazing! (You can see photos on our Facebook page.)
The one in Beamsville ended up being a larger crowd than the Toronto concert! (Oh, and let me add, the little girls did amazing with their singing!!)
It was very interesting to have to change hairstyles and clothes in the 15 minute intermission!
Thanks to dearest Mamita and Carolina, everything went well and we were able to be back out on stage within 15 minutes all dressed in our outfits and with our hair all braided! ;)
Sadly, the weather here has suddenly turned so chilly that I find myself wanting to wear my wool skirts! :) Guess I have to come to terms with the fact that summer is really gone now...
Last weekend was Mimi's 19th birthday!! I was planning to post something, however, we ended up being out of the city for the day...
On another note, the reason I was somewhat hesitant to do a blog post was because, since I have been so busy with performances and school, I haven't really had any time to take photos!! Which means, when Mama suggested I do a post I immediately thought:
"Oh no! I have no photos to post!! What am I going to do?"
During performances I cannot really be dragging around my camera as well as my violin...so for the past couple days the I have had to be content with the iPhone camera...not really the best quality, but better than nothing...I guess.
So, unfortunately, for this once, iPhone photos are going to have to be good enough! Sorry.
Anyhow, I had better run. Today is my Dearest Mamita's birthday!!!
We are going to have some friends over for homemade pasta, salad, breaded chicken and of course ... cake and coffee, I will try to take some photos to post perhaps later this week.
~Abby


 Mimi's birthday lunch after church on Sunday! 

We were in a hurry to go somewhere so our Birthday girl had to eat her cheesecake in the car! 


" Repent!"


Okay, we look really silly here! Getting ready for a concert, we were all over-excited and getting, perhaps a little...weird! :D


Picking Apples at a friends house.
(We got so many apples that we have been trying to research different things to make with them! So far we have made, apple pie, apple crisp, apple dumplings, apple cookies...Any other suggestions for recipes??) 


One afternoon we had to run some errands, so we decided to have some fun and stop for a coffee...
Hannah had the brilliant idea to sit outside on the new patio at Tim Hortons....as you can see, we ended up moving back inside since the wasps were horrible! 
(Ha ha,...it was rather humorous now that I think back to he moment...poor Gracie was trying to enjoy here timbits while being swarmed with wasps and running around screaming...I think it was a good idea to move back in....) 


Very releived to be back inside!


A very beautiful house we went to look at!! This is the backyard....gorgeous! 


Costumes all ready for our performance!! 


Because it is getting cold here, Hannah had to harvest her basil...I didn't realize there was so much!
(Aww, doesn't she look so sweet!?!?) 



Rehearsing before our second concert... 

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts like this. Just snapshots of life. :)

    ReplyDelete