Hello, and happy Thursday to you all!
We had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday three days ago, remembering, and rejoicing in the fact that CHRIST IS RISEN!!!
We had some dear friends over for a time of fellowship, and of course delicious food after church, which was perfectly delightful!
Unfortunately I did not manage to capture pictures of our coordinating Easter outfits, but I will be sure to snap some pictures next time we all wear them again.
Our theme this year was navy, white, and small accents of red (also referred to as nautical) and we attempted to sew at least one part from each of our outfits. We succeeded in all but Sarah's dress which we found at a thrift store.
Here are some Easter posts from the years past:
He has risen!
HE IS RISEN!!
New dresses for Easter
We spent Saturday preparing food, and decorating the house with fresh flowers, in hopes to distract from the snowy weather outside. Can you believe? Snow in April!?
I also baked two cakes, and with the help of a sweet friend, decorated them beautifully.
One was a chocolate cake in the shape of a cross, decorated with chocolate butter-cream frosting. I used a cake comb to create wood-like grains in the frosting, and then added some green grass along the bottom border of the cake. To finish it off, I stuck some small fondant flowers (colored purple) into the grass to create the look of flowers creeping up the grass.
I will attach some pictures for you!
The second cake I made was a strawberry lemonade cake. Doesn't that sound interesting?
It caused me a bit of trouble, but it all turned out well in the end.
Here is the recipe: Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
By the time we started making the frosting, it was quite late in the evening, so being tired, we made the mistake of not following the instructions on the frosting, and just throwing all the ingredients in, and beating them! Well... we were left with a very runny frosting.
I thickened it up with some icing sugar, but with all my ingredients being so very fresh, once we iced the cake, everything started to collapse!
I quickly started to panic. What would I do? I definitely did not have enough time to start a whole new cake!
I decided to put the whole cake into the the freezer, hoping that shock-freezing it would at least make it easier to work with, and firm it up a bit.
To my delight, it worked, and I was able to take it out and slowly add thin layers of icing until the cake looked half decent.
Just a small tip for you, in the case that you try to make this cake: Follow the recipe exactly!
Besides that small mishap, the cake tasted delicious! So fresh, and fruity.
Here are the few pictures that I captured ( with exception to the cauliflower ... Abby took this amazing photo ... Have you ever seen these colours before?)
How was your Resurrection Sunday?
In Him,
Hannah
We had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday three days ago, remembering, and rejoicing in the fact that CHRIST IS RISEN!!!
We had some dear friends over for a time of fellowship, and of course delicious food after church, which was perfectly delightful!
Unfortunately I did not manage to capture pictures of our coordinating Easter outfits, but I will be sure to snap some pictures next time we all wear them again.
Our theme this year was navy, white, and small accents of red (also referred to as nautical) and we attempted to sew at least one part from each of our outfits. We succeeded in all but Sarah's dress which we found at a thrift store.
Here are some Easter posts from the years past:
He has risen!
HE IS RISEN!!
New dresses for Easter
We spent Saturday preparing food, and decorating the house with fresh flowers, in hopes to distract from the snowy weather outside. Can you believe? Snow in April!?
I also baked two cakes, and with the help of a sweet friend, decorated them beautifully.
One was a chocolate cake in the shape of a cross, decorated with chocolate butter-cream frosting. I used a cake comb to create wood-like grains in the frosting, and then added some green grass along the bottom border of the cake. To finish it off, I stuck some small fondant flowers (colored purple) into the grass to create the look of flowers creeping up the grass.
I will attach some pictures for you!
The second cake I made was a strawberry lemonade cake. Doesn't that sound interesting?
It caused me a bit of trouble, but it all turned out well in the end.
Here is the recipe: Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
By the time we started making the frosting, it was quite late in the evening, so being tired, we made the mistake of not following the instructions on the frosting, and just throwing all the ingredients in, and beating them! Well... we were left with a very runny frosting.
I thickened it up with some icing sugar, but with all my ingredients being so very fresh, once we iced the cake, everything started to collapse!
I quickly started to panic. What would I do? I definitely did not have enough time to start a whole new cake!
I decided to put the whole cake into the the freezer, hoping that shock-freezing it would at least make it easier to work with, and firm it up a bit.
To my delight, it worked, and I was able to take it out and slowly add thin layers of icing until the cake looked half decent.
Just a small tip for you, in the case that you try to make this cake: Follow the recipe exactly!
Besides that small mishap, the cake tasted delicious! So fresh, and fruity.
Here are the few pictures that I captured ( with exception to the cauliflower ... Abby took this amazing photo ... Have you ever seen these colours before?)
How was your Resurrection Sunday?
In Him,
Hannah







Happy Easter, Cacciacarros!
ReplyDeleteHannah, your cake looks AMAZING!! I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked :)
I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can find your questions for the nomination at my blog, http://countingyourblessingsonebyone.blogspot.ca. :D
And I should probably give you the link for the proper post. . . ;) http://countingyourblessingsonebyone.blogspot.ca/2015/04/liebster-award.html
Delete