Friday, April 24, 2015

Leadership Learning and Execution...Done!


- A picture of the entire group of Leadership Learning and Execution students...

Just a couple minutes ago, I submitted the final assignment for the Leadership Learning and Execution course. I am relieved that all is done, three credits later, but also a bit sorrowful, as I have now moved onto a new chapter of my life, with all of the three leadership courses behind me. Even though there were a few trying aspects of Capstone and this course, overall, I was encouraged, and strengthened as a leader in my sphere of influence, and will deeply miss not only the assignments, lectures and readings, but the people; course facilitators and fellow students.
For the final project of Leadership Learning and Execution, I decided to plan out the entire publication process of a list of application questions for youth that I have compiled for the books of Ecclesiastes and Philippians. Here is the final reflection that I wrote for the project that I was required to complete at the end of the course:

We live in a world where many of our Christian young people don't know their Bible properly, meaning they don't apply all that they read and hear. Instead of distancing themselves from the arena of impurity and licentiousness, many a time, they embrace it whole-heartedly, while still attending church, and taking part in the "churchy" activities. Therefore, I have compiled this list of application question to combat this particular issue in the area of the church, the application of Scripture by its youth. My application questions are designed to cause young people to think critically though all Scripture, and apply it to their life, so that they may be a shining light for Christ in this world of darkness. Lord willing, that is the final outcome of my project; the publication of my questions so that young people may take their relationship with Christ seriously. As young woman, I feel called to point others to Christ using the gifts that He has given me, so that He would ultimately be glorified. The Lord has granted me the gift of writing convincingly with excellence in mind, therefore, I desire to use it! He has also blessed me with a thirst and desire for His word, and in knowing Him in a deeper way. By studying His word thoroughly, and utilizing my writing skills that He has blessed me with, not only will I be using the gifts and desires that He has given me, I will also ultimately be achieving my life vision; the glorification of God, and the edification of those whom He has chosen for Himself.
In conclusion, I desire to proclaim that this Leadership course has greatly assisted me as I plan my goal out, in the way that I have learned about strategizing, executing a desired plan, and also mentoring, since I desire to incorporate a few elements from my mentoring experiences in the application question booklets. The Lord has been gracious enough to grant me the privilege to take this final leadership course, which I am deeply grateful for! Not only will the principles learned be applied to my project, but to my everyday life, as I continue to live the life of a leader in a world that shuns Biblical leadership. A leader with the desire to serve instead of being served, a leader with the vision to conquer the world for Christ, a leader with the determination to train the next group of leaders in the Way, and finally, and leader with the drive to persevere in this world, knowing that a greater world is awaiting each and every soldier, son and daughter, of the King.


May we all, as young people of the King, strive for His best in our lives, and continue on our path of faith, knowing that our every step is not in vain!!

In Christ
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment