Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Busy...busy...busy!!

Summer seems like it is a time of relaxation....when really it isn't :)
We have been VERY busy these past few weeks...no time for blogging for a WHILE(or at least it felt like a long time:)

Here is a review on what we have been doing in the time I have not been blogging.
(Lord willing, this time I will make to sure to blog at the least once a week).
Hope you are having an AMAZING summer!!! 



 A few weeks ago, our good friends, the Russells discovered these edible service berries just blocks from our house(at the lake). As you can see, they look like red blueberries but, taste much different. To be a little more descriptive, they taste like cherries. So after picking a bunch, Hannah decided to make a service berry pie. Delicious!!! Thank you Russells, for introducing us to them:)




With the school year finished, violin and chamber lessons were also finished with my teacher. Since the children taking lessons want to continue their lessons, I am teaching till September!!! It is quite an experience:) Since I want to be a violin teacher someday, it's good to have practice!





On the Canada Day weekend, we drove up to Durham and stayed in an apartment beside our dear friend, Elissa. We had a great time filling our days with swimming in the lake, canoeing, exploring in the woods, and having times of inspiring Christian fellowship. Thank you for having us Elissa!!





Exploring with different recipes...this time we tried grilled pizza which was very appetizing!!!







Putting up our above ground pool....there nothing like a refreshing swim in hot weather:)
And being constantly reminded of what our Saviour did on Cavalry...(notice the cross in my waffle above...I didn't do it on purpose:)
By the way, I am getting baptized next month!!!!! It is going to take place on August 19 at 4:00, at my family's church(Grace Fellowship Church {Timothy Christian School}). I will be putting pictures of my baptism and my testimony on our blog after my baptism.
In Christ,
~M

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

-a portion from "In Christ Alone" hymn by Stuart Townstead and Keith Getty. What an inspiring hymn!!

1 comment:

  1. :) Glad you had a nice visit with us over Canada day. Your pie looks great. Looking forward to your baptism. -Kendra

    ReplyDelete