Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year 2017!!


Greetings, and a very Happy New year to you all!
 Is it just me, or does it feel a tad bit strange saying 2017? It will surely take a little while before it becomes a total norm, (and I don't mistakenly always write 2016 when writing out the date... **sigh...) New year. New adventures. New experiences. Such a thrilling yet nerve-wracking feeling. Agree? The excitement and anticipation of everything that this new year will have in store for us as individuals as well as a country are thrilling (and a bit scary. maybe?). My prayer is that this year would be a monumental one for our family (and me as an individual). One of personal improvement, and a continually closer walk with God. A year that is unforgettable and just as crazy as 2016! (Craziness is okay once in a while, right??... I'm totally speaking to myself, the steady, "doesn't-really-like-change-and-too-much-excitement" kind of girl. ha;) The lessons (and just things in general) that I learned in 2016 were too many to count, and I hope that 2017 will bring a whole boatload of new challenges and encouraging lessons! (2017, you've got 2016 to compete against!) Though many may say that 2016 was a terribly horrible year to look back on, I would have to beg to differ. Yes, it had it's fair share of disappointments, lows, grief, anguish, fear, suffering, and just plain wrong, but we can never forget the amazingly thrilling parts of 2016! The joys, the highs, the excitements, travels, emotions, and so, so much more!!! Let us look forward, praising the Lord for his goodness and great provision in the now past year, knowing that his grace and goodness will continue on, following us always! I'm excited and hope that you are too. What could possibly be more intriguing!?! I wish you all well in this new year, 2017, and hope that you continue enjoying this little view into our everyday life:) Stay tuned for yet another year with the Cacciacarro family!

Abiding in Christ alone,
~Hannah

New Year's Eve, spent at our dear friend's home in Niagara. What an absolutely fun evening we all enjoyed!
My new "part-time-job"... haha. We had a friend come over one evening, and he played some beautiful music for us on the piano... we wanted to get a fuller sound out of our old piano, and so I held it open while Giorgi continued playing for us. The others all joked that I had a new job:)
More cheesecake.... Mmm
Chocolate Mousse cake... supreme:) I will have to share the recipe with you one of these days! It is most definitely a "no-fail" one!!
~Happy New Year 2017, from Quintessence Ensemble~

 Can you tell that I love this cake?? I think that it is slowly making its way into my list of favourite things...
 Aaahhhh.... (Insert love heart eye emoji:P) I enjoyed the leftovers of the cake...
 Zio Rocco helped us to make the most delicious sauce and meatballs EVER!?! It was delectable!
Beautiful fellowship with fellow believers, and visiting with family:) 
Recently we received a new "fancy" European coffee/espresso machine, and have been enjoying it immensely! Wow, how could we ever go back to that Canadian coffee?? Truly becoming Italian at heart;)

No comments:

Post a Comment