Hello!!
So, as I mentioned in my last post, I recently purchased a reflector, and have been dying to try it out, however the rainy cold weather has held me back.
Today the weather warmed up nicely and we had sun for most of the day, so I decided to take Hannah out for a bit and get a couple photos to show you all what a reflector does! ;)
As I was using it, I realized how truly helpful it is!! The lighting can almost look like studio lighting at times...the only difference is that you have to work with the natural sunlight. Which means you can't play around too much otherwise you lose your light! :D
Anyhow, here are a couple photos I took...let me know what you think.
Do you like it better with or without the reflector?
~Abby
So, as I mentioned in my last post, I recently purchased a reflector, and have been dying to try it out, however the rainy cold weather has held me back.
Today the weather warmed up nicely and we had sun for most of the day, so I decided to take Hannah out for a bit and get a couple photos to show you all what a reflector does! ;)
As I was using it, I realized how truly helpful it is!! The lighting can almost look like studio lighting at times...the only difference is that you have to work with the natural sunlight. Which means you can't play around too much otherwise you lose your light! :D
Anyhow, here are a couple photos I took...let me know what you think.
Do you like it better with or without the reflector?
~Abby
Using the silver reflector.
The gold reflector...
Here is an example, showing the difference between using the reflector and not using it.
The one above was taken without using the reflector.
This is using the silver reflector...so, which do you like better?
I find using the reflector helps to draw your eye right to the subject's face, rather than the background.
Because the background of this one was so boring, I tried to really exaggerate the focus on her eyes.
Usually when I am doing a close up face portrait, I like to center the subject's face off to the side of the photo instead of directly in the middle, since it gives it a more professional\interesting look.







No comments:
Post a Comment