Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reformation day!

Hello everyone and happy November!
I can't believe how quickly October passed.
As some of you may know October 31st was Reformation day, so we decided it would be nice to invite some friends from church over and watch the Martin Luther movie together.
Instead of pulling out the long table and setting it all we did a pot luck kind of thing. Each family brought something for dinner and some snacks, and we actually ended up having a lot of left overs.
We played music, talked, read, laughed, ect. together!
Dessert was a delicious cake Hannah had made and of course...coffee! :)
After dessert we took down a picture we had and projected the movie on the wall.
Before starting the movie Uncle Lucho talked a bit on Martin Luther which was good.
If you haven't already watched the movie I'd definitely recommend it! We had watched it once before by ourselves, so this was the second time.
The movie was pretty long so by the time we finished, it was around 11:00. Some of our guests had to leave since they had little ones that were tired.
And then we all had another cup of the delicious coffee with our friends as we fellowshiped.
By the time we went to bed it was around 1:30 AM! :)
It was a great time spent with friends and we all immensely enjoyed it!
I tried to take pictures but the lighting in the house was not the best and I have to admit that I was so busy enjoying time with my friends that I didn't really think about taking many pictures! :D
Did anybody else do anything special for Reformation day?
~Abby


Woman in the kitchen! :)




Some of the food.
 (There was lots more that just hadn't been put on the table yet when I took this picture)



Hannah's delicious cake! 


And of course when there is coffee
 I cannot resist taking a picture of it! 


Uncle Lucho delivering his speech...


The Men....


Hannah was in charge of the computer and projector.


I couldn't quite fit everyone in since I had the zoom lens on
 the camera and didn't want to bother changing it to the other lens! :)


Anybody else drink coffee at midnight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment