Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.
On Saturday we had friends over for dinner, Sunday we went to church and invited some families over for lunch, and Monday we went to our Aunt and Uncle's house to cook a Thanksgiving meal, and then ate there with our family.
Every year we get up early and head up to our Aunt and Uncle's house which is about half an hour to forty five minutes away. We spend the day there cooking, the rest of my dad's family coming later for dinner.
I didn't forget the camera this time, so I was able to take many pictures! :)
I'll be doing another post with pictures of Mama and Papa's anniversary sometime tomorrow.
Hope you are all having a great week getting back to school!
Gabe having fun....
One of the cooks! :)
Ha ha! The Boss.... :D
All the different dishes cooking at once...
While we were cooking, Mimi had a lecture
to attend online, so she sat in our uncle's office...
Okay, I admit, I somewhat bothered her by entering the room one hundred times to snap pictures of her sitting at the big desk and try some photo techniques with the door! :) Sorry Mimi!
:)
Dinner!
Isn't this light just neat?
There were a lot of desserts!
This mirror is really amazing!
When we arrived home at 11:00, this is what we could see at the end of our street!
I grabbed the camera and ran down to the end of the street to snap a few pictures.


















Happy Thanksgiving a little late. (But rather early for us US folks.) I have a friend who married a Canadian last year and she and her husband are down here for two months for the birth of their son. She was saying she was going to miss both Thanksgivings. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, how did Thanksgiving start in Canada? I've never studies much about it, so I thought I'd ask. :)
Ha ha! Yes I guess it's a bit early for you over there in the US! :)
DeleteWe Have some friends in the US and it seems funny when we talk and they are only just preparing for Thanksgiving while we have already had ours!
Here's a link to the history of Thanksgiving in Canada. It's a bit too long to explain here! :)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)
~Abby