Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chocolate Chai Latte




Hello! 
Today I experimented with a new recipe and it turned out to be amazing!
I got it off of a blog called "O She Glows" a vegan recipe blog that always has amazing tryouts!
I modified it slightly to suit our ingredients.
If you try it out, I would love for you to comment and tell me how it turned out!
Here are the Ingredients:

1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of almond milk
1/2 a cup of strong Chocolaty Chai tea, brewed for about 10 minutes
3 tbsp of coffee cream (if you want to go a little healthier, I used half cream, half milk.)
1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
A pinch of cinnamon, to garnish
This usually makes about one mug-full, so I typically make at least 4 batches together.  

 Directions:

In a small pot on medium heat, combine milk, chai tea, and cream.
Bring to a simmer and then lower heat for 1 minute.
Stir in maple syrup and vanilla and then pour into a blender
 and blend until frothy for 60-90 seconds.
Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Enjoy!
 Oops... I forgot to put cinnamon on it. Next time....
Now I think I will go sit down with my delicious "Latte" and do some sewing...

{Hannah}



2 comments: