Jesus and Alexander
Jesus and Alexander died at thirty-three,
One lived and died for self; One died for you and me.
The Greek died on a throne; the Jew died on a cross;
One's life a triumph seemed; the other but a loss.
One led vast armies forth; the other walked alone;
One shed a whole world's blood; the other gave his own;
One won the world in life, and lost it all in death;
The other lost his life to bring the whole world faith.
Jesus and Alexander dies at thirty-three;
One died in Babylon, and one at Calvary.
One gained all for himself, and one Himself He gave;
One conquered every throne, the other every grave;
The one made himself god, and God made Himself less;
The one lived but to blast, the other but to bless.
When died the Greek, forever fell his throne of swords;
But Jesus died to live forever Lord of Lords.
Jesus and Alexander died at thirty-three;
The Greek made all men slaves; the Jew made all men free.
One built a throne on blood; the other built on love;
The one was born of earth; the other from above.
One won all this earth; to lose all earth and heaven;
The other gave up all, that all to Him be given.
The Greek forever died; the Jew forever lives;
He loses all who gets, and wins all things who gives.
-Anonymous
This is so very unreal... I just mentioned this poem tonight to a friend and I probably haven't thought about it for many years. I clicked on your blog and... here it is! Unbelievable. Well, now I can share it with the friend since I was unable to quote it perfectly :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.