Sunday, July 31, 2016

Germany!

Hello Everyone,
So....we have been in Germany now for over a week and it is absolutely beautiful!!
Surprisingly, most of us only struggled with the time difference for the first day or so...but have since been absolutely fine!
I was planning to squeeze all the photos into one post, however, once I got started editing I realized that would be almost impossible since there are so many.
So instead of posting them all at once I will post a couple from our first few days and then do a follow up post with photos from the rest of the trip.
So, we flew out on the 18th and arrived in Germany the following day.
Our flight was relatively unaventful...though rather long and cramped! We left around 11:00 and took a bus to the airport...which was a new experience for us! ;)
I must say though...in my oppinion, the hardest part of the flight was traveling with my violin. It is definetly not easy to haul around a 20 lb. violin case while carrying  another 16 lb. bag while pulling a 49 lb suticase!
When we arrived in the Frankfurt airport we did have to wait quite some time for our luggage....which made us all a bit anxious. I think anyone's worst nightmare is to loose your luggage....we were so thankful that we didn't have that experience!
The first day we were in Germany we were able to visit a castle in Heidelberg...(though, I have to admit, I was feeling so tired at the time that I literally just wanted to crawl into bed.) before heading back to Stefan's parents house....
The second day was our dearest Hannitah's birthday!! Stefan took us to the charming city of Tübingen where we were able to spend some time with Stefan's brother as well. The buildings were simply gorgeous and we were able to find a nice picnic space to eat our lunch.
We were also able to walk around inside a huge church in Tübingen, which was amazing! We just don't have such churches in Toronto ... It was pretty impressive!
Also, in the evening we were able to go on a boat ride down the Neckar river....it was absoltely charming!
I will end for now, though there is so much more I could tell ... however, I will save the rest for another post! Hope you enjoy the photos!!
Blessing,
~Abigail



















1 comment: