Hello Everyone,
I am still alive and well ,though I am aware that I haven't posted in almost a month! (Wow, where did the time go?!?!)
Life has been extremely busy around December! Quintessence has been performing almost every week at different events, which means late nights and early mornings! (Not sure about you but I don't work well with that type of schedule!)
I am still alive and well ,though I am aware that I haven't posted in almost a month! (Wow, where did the time go?!?!)
Life has been extremely busy around December! Quintessence has been performing almost every week at different events, which means late nights and early mornings! (Not sure about you but I don't work well with that type of schedule!)
Anyhow, we still have a few more events to play at between this week and the new year but, hopefully once January comes things will slow down. Did you know that the 22nd of January is the "worst day of the year"? Dr. Cliff Arnall of Cardiff University stated that the contributing factors are: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing New Year's resolution, low motivational levels and finding it hard to settle into work routine during the dark days. Well, in our family, we look forward to January, February and March as a time of quietness and productivity around the house. We look forward to getting back to school in a serious way so we can finish most subjects before spring. Mama and Papa like us to continue many of our studies through summer so we don't forget things like math and music. Ways in which we keep ourselves busy and content are sewing, painting, trying new recipes, crafts of different kinds, practising new music with our trio, having roaring fires in the fire place, studying our Bibles together, listening to sermons, reading good books, entertaining friends from our neighbourhood and church, planning family trips, and spending time with each other talking about current events, theology and sometimes even economics ... What do you do in January to fend off the blues?
~ Abby
Remember, as Christians we need to find our contentment and sufficiency in Christ (1 Timothy 6:6-10)
Remember, as Christians we need to find our contentment and sufficiency in Christ (1 Timothy 6:6-10)
A rainbow we saw just before a wind storm came near West Toronto Baptist church. It reminds us of the promise God made to Noah!
The candles at the church.
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His son cleanses us from all sin" 1 John 1:7-8 ( we have been studying 1 John on Wednesday nights with pastor David )
Sunday afternoon fellowship!!
I am so happy with this picture! I was finally able to capture the steam from this plate of food.
Some of the pillows i have made. Hopefully they will be on etsy soon!
After we decorated the church I felt like taking a few pictures but I didn't have a camera with me! So I used papas iPhone.








Great pictures again, Abby! Congratulations on the capturing-of-steam picture :) I've been trying to do the same thing, but I'm still working on it!
ReplyDeleteNice pillows :D
I've missed your posts, Abby. Not that I had much time to get on any blogs these past few weeks. (Just ask Blessing Counter!) What do we do in January. Give a great big sigh and hope things slow down. :) Usually I get back into teaching writing, and writing myself, but I also love grabbing a book to read.
ReplyDelete