Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cake tutorial...almost...

Based on Miriam's post the other day about Abby's birthday, I decided to post about the cake!
I am usually the birthday cake baker (if you haven't noticed:) and with eight birthdays per year (plus grandparents) I really needed to try out something different...
I was looking through different cake decorating tutorials, and came across this one from a website called Glorious Treats. Check out the website for lots of delicious dessert recipes and interesting tips and tricks!
I made four layers of vanilla cake (I only used three) and iced it with vanilla butter-cream frosting colored pink.(I slowly added more food coloring each time around and that is what gave the cake that "ombre" look).
Here is my recipe for the vanilla cake and frosting .
Until I found this cake recipe, I COULD NOT make a fluffy white cake. Finally I have found my match:) My cake turned out fluffy and just pure delicious!
Here are some pictures:








I am not quite sure exactly how many drops of food coloring I added... I just kept adding until I thought the color looked "right".
Let me know how your turns out if you decide to try it!
Do you have any interesting cake decorating tips to share?
Blessings,
Hannah




1 comment: