Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Trip to Washington D.C Part 1

Hello blog readers!
Recently we went for a trip to Washington D.C to visit some of their AMAZING museums, and also to visit Capitol Hill Baptist Church (Mark Dever's church)...
I absolutely enjoyed the beautiful city!
All of the buildings were majestic and beautiful which was perfect for me as a photographer!
The highlights (my favorite parts) of the trip were:
Walking around the city and looking at all of the beauty of God's creation!
Visiting Capitol Hill Baptist...the worship was amazing! (less focus on instruments more voices raised to God!!)
Being able to visit with Auntie Diana's parents, (David and Sarah), and also her brother, Carlos.
Visiting the Smithsonian museum and seeing a Stradivarius Cello on display in one of the exhibits!
The Smithsonian museums PERIOD.... what else can I say?
The MAGNIFICENT mountains of Pennsylvania.
Enjoying fellowship with friends from church who decided to join us on this trip!
Buying local sausages and freshly popped kettlecorn at a small, outdoor, market in D.C, and then having a picnic outside :)
Well... I could keep on going :)
Here are some pictures:

Day 1

 The Allegheny mountains of Pennsylvania. 

 Beautiful!

 The sky...

 Can you tell that I like to take pictures of the sky?

 Some beautiful old houses that we saw when driving through a town.

 This one is a little blurry, as we were driving when I took it :)

 Cute little Gracie... The Littles both did REALLY well on the drive,
 so we only needed to stop a few times (mainly washroom and eating breaks).
 The beautiful view from my window.

 More scenic fields...

Day 2

 Getting ready to head off to the museums...
from left to right: Abby, Papa, and Maureen (Maureen is a friend from church that decided to 
join us along with another friend Sofia)
 Cutie Pies!

 Mimi and Sofia

Abby the adventure girl :)

Our hotel... it was very nice, and we got it for a great deal on Hotwire...
Thank you Lord!

Talking...

We decided to take public transit to get from our hotel to downtown Washington, so here 
we are waiting for the train to arrive. (I was taking the picture, so that's why I am not in it :)

Here it comes!

Capitol Hill

The beautiful city!

Tourists :) Ha ha



Sofia and Mimi



More beautiful buildings...

 This is the market that we purchased our lunch at.

Fresh produce!



In one of the museums, they had a small piece of the Berlin wall...
It was interesting to see it and touch it in person!


Abby and Mama with the Berlin wall.

Don't they look cute here?

Grace

Cute little Sarah!





Unfortunately while we were visiting, the Washington monument was under construction, 
due to some damage caused by an earthquake in 2011...

A tree from the trunk up :)

I still have LOTS more pictures, but thought it would be best to spread them out in a few posts...
I will be sure to post some more in the next few days!

In Christ,
Hannah Carolyn


1 comment: