Hello here are some more pictures of Switzerland these picture's aren't mixed up, so you can just look at them from top to bottom:) I hope you enjoy them!
{Hannah}
We were all very happy (especially Gabe) with the surprise.
The "Alpen Hof Hotel"
I just had to take a picture of the croissants that we had every day for breakfast. No wonder we all gained 10 pounds (just kidding)
This picture was taken on the balcony of the hotel (Oh that's one of the things I forgot to say above:) Doesn't he look handsome?
A picture taken from our balcony. It was snowing the whole time we where there and so we didn't see the famous Matterhorn. Zermatt was one of my favorite stops because of the snow. One morning I got up and went outside (it was about 8-8:30) and it was snowing like crazy, non-stop,
Now we were off to our next, and final destination- The capital city, Burn.
Gabe on the train to Burn.
The train to Burn. Notice how there are window's on the top? That is so you can get a nice full view. We were all really impressed with how nice and clean the trains where. You could practically travel all around Europe by train.
A river that we passed while still on the train.
All of a sudden to our disappointment, we popped out of a tunnel and the snow had suddenly vanished and everything was green:(
It was raining practically the whole time we where there, So here's a picture of Mama and Gabe trying to figure out where to go on the map and at the same time holding an umbrella:)
We found a little restaurant that served traditional Swiss meals so we stopped in for dinner. We all tried a cheese fondue for the first time and it was pretty good.The meals were DELICIOUS!!
After having a wonderful Swiss dinner we walked around the town. Even though it was raining, they had covered sidewalks and you could walk for hours looking at all the shops and never get wet. I took this picture in an old pharmacy. Doesn't it look neat?
The breakfast in Burn (I know I already put a picture of the same thing in in Zermatt, but I think this one is better)
We also visited Einstein's house. It was pretty neat, but we weren't too impressed with how he lived. We decided that even though he was a brilliant scientist, he wasn't a very moral man. If you are wondering about his life, you should look up his biography.
Here's Gabe at a museum that we visited for free with our rail pass. (If you had a rail pass, you could go on any trains or buses and you could visit up to 400 museums for free!) This museum was sort of like the ROM in Toronto.
I just had to take a picture of the croissants that we had every day for breakfast. No wonder we all gained 10 pounds (just kidding)
and so much that you could hardly see a few metre's away!
This is the front of our hotel with (from left to right) Sarah, Gracie, and Gabe in the front door.
Gabe on the train to Burn.
It was more simple than the other one, but it was still nice.
This is the last picture I took in Switzerland. We were on our way to the train station where we would take 2 trains to the airport in Zurich and we were off to Montreal where we would get on another plane to take us home to Toronto. It was sort of sad to end such a wonderful trip, but it was nice to get back home to our cozy house.
The End
(pictures by Hannah)
Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteWow! All of the pictures are GREAT!
ReplyDeleteGlad the wish went over well...great pictures.
ReplyDelete